Discover equipment renting when...
- You want to save the high cost of initial purchase.
- You want to use professional quality equipment at a reasonable price.
- You need an item quickly and in 'ready-to-use' condition.
- Eliminating storage and maintenance problems is vital.
- Specialized equipment is necessary and used only occasionally. When renting, you only pay for the short time you have the equipment in your possession.
- Tax matter. Depreciation takes time. Rented equipment is usually a 100% write off.
- You want to try an item before buying.
- Your equipment needs maintenance or breaks down. Even on equipment in regular use, time lost waiting for repairs is costly. A rental replacement tool keeps the work in progress.
- Bidding or budgeting a job. Rental charges are know in advance. Jobs are easy to bid with such fixed expenses.
- Obsolescence is costly. Equipment is constantly being improved and developed. Don't be caught with inefficient and out-dated tools when renting can make new technology available to you.
Tips for Renting Equipment
- Call your local rental professionals at Rentshop and describe the project you would like to complete with rented equipment. When our friendly knowledgeable staff know the details of your project, they can recommend exactly the type and size of equipment you will need for most lawn and garden or home improvement and repair projects. They can also help to orgainze the additional supplies you will need to complete the job correctly. We carry many of the extras you will need, such as sandpaper or carpet detergent for example, to do a professional job.
- Before you actually visit Rentshop, organize the work area so you can begin using the equipment right away when you bring it home. For example, if you are shampooing a carpet, remove furniture from the room before you pick up the shampooer. This preparation can save you money because we charge for the time the equipment is in your possession - not for the time you actually spend using it.
- When you pick up the equipment, the rental professional will explain how to use it safely and correctly. If you do not understand the instructions or feel uncomfortable about the operation of the equipment, ask for more information.
- Make sure you understand Rentshop's rates, store hours and policy for returns. Depending on the piece of equipment, you may be able to rent by the hour, half day, day, week or month. Generally, hourly rates have a set minimum time that is less expensive than renting for the entire day.
- Make sure you understand your responsibility for the equipment. Generally, Rentshop is responsible for equipment maintenance and will replace equipment that breaks down during normal use. But when damage occurs because of a customer's negligence or misuse, he or she is responsible for repair or replacement. For expensive equipment in your possession, construction equipment and skid steers are examples, you may need to provide on-site security or purchase temporary insurance.
Things to Remember When Renting Equipment
- Delivery and Pickup Services are available. Charges are based on distance and weight. Please note: For items that are delivered, we do not automatically show up the next day to pick up. You must always call to off-rent equipment and let us know that you are finished.
- Customers may pick up or return equipment during regular business hours with an approved trailer and towing vehicle. **Do not leave equipment outside of our compound after hours.
- Reservations are recommended. It is always a good idea to call and reserve equipment ahead of time. This ensures items are in stock, ready and it will decrease your wait time.
- Equipment Protection Plan (Damage Waiver) is not 'insurance' and does not cover lost or stolen equipment and/or missing parts. Rented items become your property so any losses would be covered through your own insurance. Contact your insurance broker for further information.
- Rental charges are for time-out NOT time-used. Daily rates are for 8 hours of machine time or 24 hours from rental - whichever comes first. 4-hour rates apply to any 4 hours the store is open. Ask us about overnight rates. Weekend rate is valid on pickups after 3:00 pm of Friday and returned before 9:00 am on the following Monday with a maximum of 12 hours of run time.
- Renter is responsible for: All fuel and lubricants required to operate the equipment. Tire &/or track repairs.
- All equipment must be returned clean otherwise a $95 per hour cleaning charge will apply (minimum 1 hour).
Customer Rental Requirements
- Valid Government issued photo ID (ie. Driver's Licence) validating renter's current address. Phone number required.
- Civic address/location of where equipment will be used.
- Credit card imprint for Pre-Authorization deposit (Visa, Mastercard, or American Express accepted).
- Signed Rental Agreement.
*Complete terms and conditions are provided on the rental contract at time of transaction.
**Verbally quoted rates do not always include taxes, damage waiver, delivery and/or pickup, fuel recovery, additional services and/or products as applicable. If you require a more detailed and accurate costing, please request a written quotation. Rental Rates are subject to change without notice. We are pleased to honour any written rental quotation for 30 days. We apologize, but for any disputes/discrepancies regarding rates and/or verbal quotations the price will always be considered correct as stated on the Rental Contract.